Wednesday, March 6, 2013

How We Met

This is the short version of how my husband and I met. 

The groom's story...

Long story short, I went to a party at the river. When I got there my friends asked if I had seen the hippie yet so I looked around. I thought they were talking about H. That was when I first laid eyes on my beautiful future wife ;) The night went on and I had tried talking to her once or twice, but she blew me off. Her friend Ginger (a boy) told me not to bother trying and that it was a waste of time. Later on I was standing by the fire and I felt something tickle my ear. I turned around and saw our friend Jake with a smirk on his face so I thought it was him. That happened a couple times until I decided it had to be H. I followed her around and annoyed her for the rest of the night and got a ride home with her and her friends.

The bride's story...

Oh boy...Well, I don't think I looked like a hippie. I had curly hair and a shirt with flowers on it. I was not the fire dancing girl with dreadlocks. 
My sister, J introduced me to all of her friends at the river. One of them she called Spud. Everyone else called him Idaho (Where he's from). We were there quite a while and I got bored. I picked a piece of dead grass and looked at the people next to me. Without thinking it through I used the grass to tickle an ear a few times. I immediately regretted that decision. I claimed it was Jake and walked away, but it was too late. This Spudmuffin guy followed me around for what felt like hours. He wouldn't give up. When it was time to leave he asked for a ride home and I told him there was no room for him. Ginger was driving and being the nice guy he is told the truth and said we could give him a ride. Idaho talked the ENTIRE way to the boat (Where he lived. Fancy!). When he got out he made a phone with his hand, put it to his head and said, "Call me." I replied with, "Yeah right!" and thought, 'Oh crap...'

The rest of our story...

Idaho made some bad impressions the next several times we met, but no matter how mean I was to him he wouldn't give up. I found him so amusing and funny I couldn't be mean for long. I stopped resisting and soon we became friends, but I still wouldn't date him. I planned on moving to Oregon and he was supposed to go back to Idaho after crab season. I thought we would move away and lose touch. Idaho joked about us getting married from the beginning. Neither of us thought he would be right. His late boss/friend and my dad seemed to push us together. Once my dad even called his boss, told him Idaho was done working for the day, picked him up from work and made him go to dinner with us. We became fast best friends and started dating on Idaho's 20th birthday. I was 24.


This always makes me think of my husband.

No comments:

Post a Comment