Saturday, March 30, 2013

Yves Saint Laurent Rouge Volupte #7 Lingerie Pink Lipstick Review and Dupes!


    Let's hope this goes better than the last review/dupe/swatch post. 

    Yves Saint Laurent Rouge Volupte Lipstick comes in twenty-one shades. I have two very similar shades. #1 Nude Beige and #7 Lingerie Pink. I'm going to focus on Lingerie Pink, but I'll swatch Nude Beige as well. The possible dupes I am swatching are NYX #595 Strawberry Milk and Revlon Lip Butter in #055 Cupcake.


Yves Saint Laurent Rouge Volupte Lipstick


This is the most luxurious packaging I've ever gotten my hands on. I'm unfancy so that might not impress you, but trust the hype this time. It's a beautiful, golden, metal tube with the YSL logo wrapped around a plastic underlay. Each lipstick's underlay matches the shade found inside.
YSL #1 (left) YSL #7 (right)

     
  • The texture is like nothing else. It glides on smoothly covering my lips in pure pigment. It feels like butter going on, but isn't greasy at all. It doesn't drag or clump on dry spots at all.
  • For me it wears nicely. Lasting a few hours and fading gradually. I've read a lot of reviews saying it's moisturizing and while it feels that way in the beginning, my lips tend to get a little dry when I wear it.
  • The two I have tried leave a completely opaque, glossy finish. No gloss needed. The color is so saturated it makes #7 a difficult color to wear for some. I prefer a light pink or nude lip so I love it. I have no idea if I look silly. 
  • To me these lipsticks smell like watermelon.
  • I also think they taste a bit like watermelon, but if it were a watermelon perfume/scent and not a flavor. Does that make sense?
  • 0.14 oz. $34
  • Available in 21 shades.
  • Made in France Oo-la-la!

   
Now for the possible dupes!

Revlon ColorBurst Lip Butter
Revlon #055 Cupcake

 Pink So Foxy  on YouTube said that the Revlon Lip Butter in #055 Cupcake is a dupe for the popular YSL #7 Lingerie Pink so of course I bought it. I actually find it a bit harder to pull of than the YSL and wouldn't recommend it in place of the YSL. In the pictures though it looks like it's almost a match so it's up to you.
  • I'm sure you're familiar with the lip butter texture by now. They were one of the most hyped about products on Youtube for quite a while. I really like them. The lip butters are soft, smooth and moisturizing. They aren't sticky at all, but they don't glide on as smoothly as the YSL. 
  • The Revlon wear and fade nicely. They aren't particularly long lasting. The wear time and texture are much like a nice lip balm.
  • Lip butters are semi-sheer in one layer and buildable to medium opacity, shiny finish. Also no gloss needed for these. This one has a tiny unnoticeable sparkles.
  • Cupcake smells faintly sweet.
  • I don't taste anything.
  • 0.09 oz. $6.48 and up
  • Available in 20 shades.
  • Made in USA



NYX Extra Creamy Round Lipstick 

NYX #595 Strawberry Milk

In my opinion this is a better dupe than the Revlon Lip Butter. I find it a much closer shade to the YSL #7. If it's the color you're after and you're willing to give up the luxury for the price I would say this is a close enough dupe.

  • NYX Round Lipsticks have a creamy, moisturizing, thin texture.
  • Not very long wearing.
  • Sheer to medium coverage. Strawberry Milk has tiny little sparkles that are unnoticeable .
  • To me this lipstick smells slightly like sunscreen, but I have to practically stick it up my nose to smell it.
  • There isn't much of a taste. Maybe a very slight sunscreen taste.
  • 0.14 oz. $3.99
  • Available in 124 shades.
  • Made in Taiwan






TL: YSL #1, TR: YSL #7, BL: Revlon, BR: NYX
As you can see the light is a little different in the last picture. I tried to get them all taken in the same lighting, but failed. Sorry.


YSL #1 in natural light and direct sunlight

YSL #7 in natural light and direct sunlight

NYX in natural light and brighter natural light :/
Revlon in natural light and direct sunlight

2 comments:

  1. cool i beielive in jesus too. Nice post by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post. I love finding out about possible dupes

    ReplyDelete